NAS' ALBUM AND FILA'S ITALIA LINE DROP IN SAME WEEK





Nas and FILA ITALIA line. He may codesign a line of his own with FILA to come next year with this one year deal, that includes the Nas Fila High coordinated with the jacket. I think this is a good match for NAS-not really known for fashion endorsements. I guess he's seeing the moves others are making and saying why not, Rap money ain't what it used to be, Esco--that was a the last brand he teamed up with. I can't wait to see what he creates, on fabric...Its bound to be hot considering what he creates lyrically.


"My best friend Will and I loved Fila," Nas said. "It represented prestige and everything that was cool to us. When Will passed, we buried him in a black Fila sweat suit, so doing a deal with them has a lot of significance for me."

According to Fila president John Epstein, it was a natural match. "One of my executives spotted Nas shopping in our Manhattan store and struck up a conversation with him," Epstein said. "Nas isn't interested in selling out. He's interested in being true, and that fits with our brand."

Nostalgia aside, some might view Epstein as brave to co-brand his company with an MC who's pledged to unpack America's racial struggles.

"I had some trepidation, and then I started talking to 16- to 20-year-old kids in focus groups," Epstein said. "They looked at me like I was crazy for not understanding his message of positive change. Nas is relevant to his followers, and I don't have to understand it as long as they do."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/music/news/e3i5ec77cd2494302135463b5e43f4c6921
Retweet this button on every post blogger
Posted on 3:40 PM by Remarkable and filed under | 0 Comments »

0 comments: